Computer Vision Engineer
This role will experience virtually all aspects of start-up growth, and help develop our BioEngine4D AI-platform to digitally detect developing diseases from insights hidden in vast amounts of LIFEdata.
- Degree(s) in a Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years (if Senior) and 1+ years (if Junior) of post-academic experience in Computer Vision, via Deep Learning and/or Machine Learning engineering.
- Previous start-up experience and execution mentality is highly preferred.
- Strong Python, Linux, and shell programming experience for backend, DevOps (CI/CD, training & testing pipeline automation), and databases including solid experience with data analytics, predictive and prescriptive data.
- Expertise in Machine Learning and AI, e.g. SVMs, CNNs, image segmentation, decision trees, handling messy data, statistics/probability theory for object detection methodologies, and related frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, etc.).
- Strong mathematical background including PDE, Linear Algebra, and multivariate, high dimensional modeling.
- Expertise in Computer Vision, such as feature/color spaces, and a wide range of algorithms, features (SIFT, SURF), filters, non-linear optimization, and more.
- Expertise in OpenCV and other frameworks/toolkits including how they function at the fundamental machine and mathematical levels.
- Experience in 3D geometry and computational photography.
- Experience leading a team of computer vision and/or deep learning engineers.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Solid references.
- Design and implement algorithms for feature extraction, signal processing, classification from optically generated image and video data.
- Develop advanced computer vision & AI techniques for use in feature engineering and extraction of key phenotypic features from image and video data generated by consumer smart device optical-modality hardware.
- Acquire ground truth metrics to cross-validate, analyze, and evaluate models.
- Build and lead a team of computer vision engineers, while motivating and monitoring them to ensure deadlines and milestones are met successfully.
- Support leadership team with R&D, novel discoveries, training data for BioEngine4D.
- Work with our UI/UX developer team building a consumer iOS application.
- And much more across the domains of computer vision, optics, and physiology.
iOS Engineer (with CoreML)
This role will experience virtually all aspects of start-up growth, with a particular focus on our iOS app - the vehicle for our BioEngine4D AI-based digital biomarker platform.
- 2+ years of native iOS development experience (XCode, Swift, CoreML, UIKit).
- Comfortable with working across and owning the mobile stack (frontend, core processing, backend).
- Proficient with AVFoundation, CoreML, Vision, ARKit, CareKit, GCD.
- Proficient with MVC design and building custom UI and animations.
- On top of Apple's latest iOS frameworks and innovatively pushing their use cases to their max capabilities.
- GPU processing/Metal integration is preferred.
- Experience with Python, OpenCV, image processing, time-series analysis, and/or mobile deep learning is preferred.
- Previous start-up experience is preferred.
- Manage a ML model through CoreML (pre-processing, classification, and post-processing/data analysis).
- Rapid prototyping with latest Apple iOS frameworks to explore potential use cases.
- Designing/implementing elegant UI/UX and user workflows.
- Brainstorming and implementing GCD and processing improvements to speed-up core functionality.
- Working closely with the computer vision team to relay the restrictions and avenues for growth within the mobile ML/CV pipeline.
Interns: Engineering and Business
This role is intended for Interns who wish to focus on either the Engineering or Business side of the Company; however, both will experience virtually all aspects of start-up growth, contribute to and learn from experienced execs, and support the leadership team with many versatile duties, while receiving exposure to both the business and technical ends of the spectrum.
Our Intern roles are paid; however, the experience you will receive is priceless.
We are seeking someone who is…
- Excited about the opportunity to work in a start-up setting, in which you will experience virtually all aspects of start-up growth, wear many hats, and contribute to the fast-paced evolution of the Company.
- Interested in many aspects of the Company, and willing to learn new skills to contribute to various areas of the business.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, intense environment and has a “get stuff done” mentality.
- Highly mature and proactive.
- Engineering Intern specific: Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences, or company-related discipline.
- Business Intern specific: Working towards a degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Health, or company-related discipline.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Strong skills in MS Excel a must; proficient with MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Solid references.
- Engineering Intern specific: Work with internal and external developers on AI, Dev, UI, UX to build an AI-platform and iOS application loved by consumers.
- Business Intern specific: Analyze strategic fit of potential investors and business development partners; Work with governmental, academic, and foundation organizations offering R&D funding.
- Support team with R&D research across technology, physiology, and/or business.
- And much more across a very entrepreneurial and broad set of duties.
If this looks like it was written for you, please apply below. If not, but you know someone who’s a great fit for one of our open positions, please refer them to our site by simply clicking the link below to easily share via email. If we hire them, we'll pay you a $1,000 cash thank you!
Click to Email our Job Opportunities to a Friend